Google provides 15 GB storage distributed as Google Photos, Google Drive, and Gmail equally. If you use the Google account via the office or the school, you can upgrade to 30 GB extra storage space. Additionally, you can add extra storage space for Gmail, as it is payable to use the 15 GB extra limit. Due to lack of technical knowledge, many users don’t know that they can use limited storage space and in the case of storage limit running out, they can’t send/receive emails.
Though some users have a limited usage of email and hence the storage limit will never exceed for them, but in the case of professional users, the story is different. To avoid the error, try to delete the spam messages and empty the trash folder. For best result, create a mail backup and reset the mail account.
Possible Causes for Quota Exceeded Error
If the ‘storage quota exceeded’ message appears, it is not necessary that the storage limit has exceeded. Before giving up, firstly users should check the storage space and then consider using the Gmail contact number for resolving the problem.
Here are some possible causes that display this error message.
1. You may get this message while sending the email to another Gmail account in which the storage limit has exceeded.
2. The filter is sending the email via the filled email account.
How to Resolve Gmail Storage Quota Error?
Incoming mails will not appear in the Inbox, if the storage limit has exceeded. Even the Mailer Daemon error occurs whenever you try to send an email. Follow the steps shared by email specialists over the Internet to fix the Quota Exceeded error.
1. Check your email account if you are trying to forward via the ‘Mail Settings’ and followed by ‘Forwarding & POP/IMAP’. If that happens with another account, confirm its storage space has exceeded its quota.
2. If you are using any filter to send emails via another account, check the ‘Mail Settings’ in the ‘Filters’ section. Check the storage space limit, if everything is normal.
3. Uncheck the advanced settings if the situation seems critical. You can delete emails from the Trash folder and Spam folder to remove them completely. Also, try to delete irrelevant emails and download attachments as well. It will help you to free up storage space in the account.
4. Apart from that, delete the unnecessary data from the Google Photos or Google Drive.
5. The configuration of your email account with the desktop-based email application can be the best alternative to manage the storage space.
6. Consider the Gmail Backup utility beneficial in the situation when creating backup of email account messages, contacts,calendar files and folders.
To follow the steps under a professional’s supervision, call the Gmail support number and seek direct help regarding the error. Stay updated with the latest trends in email updates, keep your mail account secured and enjoy uninterrupted Gmail customer services.